You are here
Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Response
During these uncertain times we appreciate your support more than ever. Please know we are monitoring this situation around the clock and evaluating each scheduled tour individually to determine the best course of action.
Many departures have already been canceled, and there are likely many more to come. When that decision is made each traveler is being contacted personally by a member of our staff. As often as possible we are providing dates for future trips to the same destination. In some cases we can rebook you immediately and transfer your funds. In other cases refunds will be forthcoming.
Thank you for your patience as we give each traveler, reservation, tour and transaction the time and attention they require.
Canceled Tours, Refunds/Rescheduling
All extended tours (longer than one day) departing through May 20thhave been canceled. For tours after that date, we are monitoring the situation and will confirm/cancel departures as the situation warrants. We are now trying to make decisions at least 45 days in advance to avoid charges from the airlines. We have over 1,200 refunds to process and are past the halfway point. If you haven’t heard from us yet regarding a canceled/postponed tour, we are slowly but surely working our way through the stack.
Regarding refunds: We are making full refunds for canceled tours, with the exception of a few where air tickets had already been purchased. In some cases, the airlines have made refunds or allowed us to transfer funds to another trip. In some cases they have not and have provided credit for future travel, which are available for you to use for air travel. (As mentioned above, we are avoiding this circumstance on future cancellations by making the decision earlier. That option wasn’t available to us as this began to play out.)
Sports Leisure Vacations is well capitalized and we have a rainy day fund. We will be here when this is over. Promise. Should you wish a refund for any tour you have booked in the future, it is available. Please keep in mind that no insurance underwriter considers fear of travel to be a covered reason for cancellation. Reservations canceled more than 60 days prior to departure will be charged a $20 administrative fee. Reservations canceled within 60 days of departure are subject to standard cancellation penalties.
Rescheduling: In some cases, tours have been rescheduled for later this year or the spring of 2021. If that option is available, it will be offered when we contact you regarding cancellation of the tour. You can roll your funds over, or cancel and rebook later (subject to availability).
Please view our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) area of the website for more details on how we are handling the recent Coronavirus in-office and during travel.