You are here
Thanksgiving in New York
It's the most wonderful time of the year for visiting the Big Apple!
1. As Thanksgiving ushers in the Christmas season, you’ll be in the middle of it all as you check-in to New York’s best address located directly on Times Square. 5 nights – Marriott Marquis (D)
2. Disney on Broadway’s Behind the Magic tour is set in the historic New Amsterdam Theatre, original home of the Ziegfeld Follies, on famed 42nd Street. After this behind-the-scenes experience, head to Rockefeller Center for lunch and to see the sites there from the iconic Channel Gardens, Saks Fifth Avenue (and their stunning holiday window displays) and of course St. Patrick’s Cathedral. An afternoon drive Uptown will encircle Central Park and include stops at Strawberry Fields and Lincoln Center. The evening is yours to explore. Monday is a great night to expand your theatrical horizons with an Off-Broadway show. (L)
3. Travel like a real New Yorker – by subway – Downtown for lunch featuring syndicated theatre critic Peter Filichia to learn what’s hot and what’s not on the Great White Way. The afternoon focuses on the past and present of the World Trade Center where you’ll visit the 9/11 Memorial Museum and take in the breathtaking view from One World Observatory located high atop the 1776-foot-tall building dubbed “Freedom Tower.” Tonight is your first taste of Broadway. Choose Your Own Show means exactly what it says. You pick the show and we get the tickets – a Sports Leisure exclusive. (L)
4. Join your Tour Director for a morning adventure to Liberty and Ellis Islands by subway and ferry. The afternoon is yours for personal exploration. How about a visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art or shopping on famed Fifth Avenue? The family-style Italian dinner at Carmine’s is a New York tradition, followed by the ticket everyone is dying to possess, the long-anticipated revival of The Music Man. (D)
5. It’s the exciting Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade! Join the anxious throngs on the streets or watch on television in the comfort (and warmth!) of your room. The parade route is along 6th Avenue only one block from the hotel. In the afternoon, journey to Radio City Music Hall for the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. A Thanksgiving dinner cruise follows aboard the elegant glass-roofed Bateaux New York featuring excellent food, live music and great sightseeing as the stars come out over the Big Apple. (D)
6. The short trip to LaGuardia Airport for your midday return flight brings Thanksgiving in New York to a close.
$4825 p.p./dbl.occ., $5350 single
|B||Generally a limited buffet or menu|
|FB||Full buffet or choice of menu|
|BR||Brunch, often buffet-style|
|L||Lunch, often several menu options|
|HT or AT||High or Afternoon Tea|
|D||Dinner, often several menu options|